And, yes, it IS as easy as it sounds.
Reasons for making glitter Play-Doh:
1. I restocked my stash of glitter last night. (By the way, did you know Hobby Lobby has glitter in every color under the sun?)
2. It’s cheap.
3. This week is G week, and I get double points for GOLD GLITTER.
4. Andrew had a meeting tonight, so it was just the kids and me and what seemed like an eternity until bedtime.
5. Play-Doh + glitter = fine motor, occupational therapy, sensory play double time.
Activity: DIY Glitter Play-Doh
Supplies: Glitter and Play-Doh. (Off brands and homemade Play-Doh work too.)
1. Flatten the Playdough you want to glitterize.
2. Pour glitter over the surface of your flattened Play-Dough. (I used about 1 teaspoon per can.) You can always add more and redistribute.
3. Fold edges of Play-Doh towards the middle to seal in the glitter. Knead Play-Doh until the glitter is evenly distributed.
Noah really seems to like this glamorized Play-Doh, not to mention the other four kiddos who joined us at the table tonight. It’s the little things, know what I mean?